A platform to generate ideas: “A good idea is the critical development; the rest is just execution.” The most important part of change is the idea. Ideas come from open thinking, trust and communication. GenZ has an opportunity to bring this to the mining industry.
The mining sector is challenged by social media to communicating its message to society. Exploration, mining and metals manufacturing is more than exploring, drilling, moving and processing rock to make money. It’s about creating societal life cycle value for all stakeholders through collaboration and innovative ideas.
GenZ students as a generational cohort have an opportunity to tell the industry what it is looking for and how to build the messaging and solutions towards a society inclusive industry. GenZ can make the difference by coming together globally to express a collective interest and vision on what the future mining industry should look like.
What’s Different About GenZ
GenZ wants flexibility where they work, and trust in how they work. They have an entrepreneurial mindset and are very tech savvy. They want increased opportunity for social creativity and they see the world without the fear of judgement. They want a place where they can be themselves and express who they really are.
GenZ will be the most diverse generation in mining and they’ve been raised with issues like social justice and sustainability top of mind. They care about how others are treated and diverse representation, and they expect transparency into company practices, especially those related to fairness.
GenZ are digital natives, and their experience with tech means they can easily adapt to and adopt the skills needed to work with these new technologies. GenZ will consider careers in mining with opportunities to carry through recent digitization themes like blockchain, IoT AI and autonomous systems that will facilitate sustainable supply chains, new social engagement processes and sustainable social licence to operate.
What is Global Mining Sustainability GenZ?
We are a global platform bringing together students to discuss sustainable mining solutions.
Why is it important to join?
To build your message towards a shared values and inclusive society including responsible mining, inclusivity and governance.
Where will GenZ operate?
With chapters at the university level in all countries, and associate members in exploration, mining and manufacturing companies, and other industry stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- A jobs board to find and satiate your passion in the exploration/mining/metals mining sector
- An Interactive blog –to meet your peers, share your story and get noticed by the industry
- Offer your time and passion to build the global mining student community with content and program management
- Offer your ideas to change the way mining works
- Enhance your skills with training courses in sustainable practice and many other disciplines
- Teach the mining industry what your looking for in your future
- Find a cause that can change mining, and we will help you to promote it
- Technology programs – Blockchain, IoT, AI, Digital mining twin
- Display your Innovation Research and Publications
- Find student workers for your projects
- Offer to mentor a passionate next generation
- Collaborate with industry partners
- Find funding for your project
Corporate: Exploration – Mining – Metals
- Offer your corporate message to the industry
- Find your next generation of passionate and culturally savvy leaders
- Develop your next disruptive innovation through competitive student challenges
- Advance your corporate message about social responsibility in mining
- Understand what the GenZ cohort can do to change your mining culture
- Build your employee and community engagement through social media with a group that understands it
- Teach the GenZ cohort about the investment industry
- Find your next generation of investment leaders
- Train GenZ in investment theory and practice
Business, supply & services
- Offer your message to the next generation of mining leaders
- Find passionate young talent to build your industry value
- Participate in programs through mentorship, management and funding of student programs
- Teach GenZ why the indigenous position is central to the integration of mining to society
- Create a platform to facilitate culture change in mining
- Develop new relationships to drive the indigenous message
- Innovate new programs and processes to build cross cultural awareness and solutions